Vintage 2004 (19th VINTAGE)
Vin de Pays de l’Hérault.
– 39% Petit Manseng (origin of the vine: Charles Hours – Béarn).
– 24% Chardonnay.
– 23% Viognier (origin of the vine: Georges Vernay – Condrieu).
– 2% Chenin Blanc (origin des bois : Domaine Huet – Vouvray).
– 12% rare grape varieties : Bourboulenc, Marsanne, Roussanne, Petit Courbu, Muscat Ottonel, Muscat Petit grain, Muscat d’Alexandrie, Gros Manseng, Semillon (France).
Neherleschol (Israël), Petite Arvine, Amigne (Suisse), Sercial de Madère (Portugal), Tchilar, Khondorni (Arménie), Albarino (Espagne).
During the fortnight prior to harvesting (from 23 August to 6 September) the weather was odd, hot and heavy, overcast yet no mist; absolutely unusual, almost unheard of.
Harvest: Clear and bright in September, gentle warmth and soft wind from the north.
6 September – 11 September 2004 (6 days).
TYPE OF SOIL:
White Lutetian Limestone.
Skin maceration for 5 to 7 days Fermentation in stainless steel tank.
2 – 4 months in stainless steel tank.
30 hl/ ha
ALCOHOL BY VOL.:
A potentially sensational wine in the making !
EVOLUTION OF THE VINTAGES & TASTING ADVICE
The two lives of Mas de Daumas Gassac White Wine
Laid down in a cool cellar (14°-16°C, 57-60°F) even the oldest can happily wait with no problem for many years. However, being laid down in warmer temperatures will speed up the wines’ maturity.
To taste within the first three years if you appreciate wonderful fruity flavours.
Drink our white wines as an aperitif or with a meal. They drink beautifully with most dishes.
Quite a different wine from the third or fourth year! Its youthful fruitiness will have disappeared, to be replaced by new flavours reminiscent of "sherry" or old "Sauternes", a touch "oxidative" with great finesse.
Take care: if you are not looking for this type of wine, slightly paradoxical as it ages, drink our white wines within the first couple of years.
- Serve around 10-12°C (51°F). Do not over chill.
- Open the bottle an hour before serving, but always replace the cork. Decanting encourages wines to express their full complexity but, always replace the stopper.