Vintage 2001 (15th VINTAGE)
Vin de Pays de l’Hérault.
– 38% Chardonnay.
– 27% Petit Manseng (origin of the vine: Charles Hours – Béarn).
– 18% Viognier (origin of the vine: Georges Vernay – Condrieu).
– 17% rare grape varieties : Bourboulenc, Marsanne, Roussanne, Petit Courbu, Muscat Ottonel, Muscat Petit grain, Muscat d’Alexandrie, Gros Manseng, Semillon (France).
Neherleschol (Israël), Petite Arvine, Amigne (Suisse), Sercial de Madère (Portugal), Tchilar, Khondorni (Arménie), Albarino (Espagne).
2001 started brilliantly, splendid flowering and budding a fortnight early; pretty regular rain during the first quarter until the end of July. The north wind started blowing in mid-August not falling until 20 September. Six weeks of wind gusting down from the north concentrated the juices, sugar and aromas.
1 September – 6 September 2001 (6 days).
TYPE OF SOIL:
White Lutetian Limestone.
Skin maceration for 5 to 7 days Fermentation in stainless steel tank.
2 – 4 months in stainless steel tank.
30 hl/ ha
ALCOHOL BY VOL.:
EVOLUTION OF THE VINTAGES & TASTING ADVICE
The two lives of Mas de Daumas Gassac White Wine
Laid down in a cool cellar (14°-16°C, 57-60°F) even the oldest can happily wait with no problem for many years. However, being laid down in warmer temperatures will speed up the wines’ maturity.
To taste within the first three years if you appreciate wonderful fruity flavours.
Drink our white wines as an aperitif or with a meal. They drink beautifully with most dishes.
Quite a different wine from the third or fourth year! Its youthful fruitiness will have disappeared, to be replaced by new flavours reminiscent of "sherry" or old "Sauternes", a touch "oxidative" with great finesse.
Take care: if you are not looking for this type of wine, slightly paradoxical as it ages, drink our white wines within the first couple of years.
- Serve around 10-12°C (51°F). Do not over chill.
- Open the bottle an hour before serving, but always replace the cork. Decanting encourages wines to express their full complexity but, always replace the stopper.