– 38% Chardonnay.
– 23% Petit Manseng (origin of the vine: Charles Hours – Béarn).
– 19% Viognier (origin of the vine: Georges Vernay – Condrieu).
– 20% rare grape varieties : Muscat Petit grain, Bourboulenc, Marsanne, Roussanne, (France). Neherleschol (Israël).
Unusual year with generally gentle or hot weather and regular light rain. Flowering at the end of May.
Skin maceration for 5 to 7 days Fermentation in stainless steel tank.
The two lives of Mas de Daumas Gassac White Wine
Laid down in a cool cellar (14°-16°C, 57-60°F) even the oldest can happily wait with no problem for many years. However, being laid down in warmer temperatures will speed up the wines’ maturity.
To taste within the first three years if you appreciate wonderful fruity flavours.
Drink our white wines as an aperitif or with a meal. They drink beautifully with most dishes.
Quite a different wine from the third or fourth year! Its youthful fruitiness will have disappeared, to be replaced by new flavours reminiscent of “sherry” or old “Sauternes”, a touch “oxidative” with great finesse.
Take care: if you are not looking for this type of wine, slightly paradoxical as it ages, drink our white wines within the first couple of years.
– Serve around 10-12°C (51°F). Do not over chill.
– Open the bottle an hour before serving, but always replace the cork. Decanting encourages wines to express their full complexity but, always replace the stopper.