Vintage 2015 (30th VINTAGE)
IGP St Guilhem-le-Désert – Cité d’Aniane.
7 September – 10 September 2015 (3.5 days).
TYPE OF SOIL:
White Lutetian Limestone.
– 27% Petit Manseng (origin of the vine: Charles Hours – Béarn).
– 25% Viognier (origin of the vine: Georges Vernay – Condrieu).
– 16% Chenin Blanc (origin of the vine: Domaine Huet – Vouvray).
– 15% Chardonnay (origin of the vine: Comptes Lafon).
– 17% rare grape varieties : Bourboulenc, Marsanne, Roussanne, Petit Courbu, Muscat Ottonel, Muscat Petit grain, Muscat d’Alexandrie, Gros Manseng, Semillon (France).
Neherleschol (Israël), Petite Arvine, Amigne (Suisse), Sercial de Madère (Portugal), Khondorni, Tchilar (Arménie), Albarino (Espagne), Falanghina, Fiano, Grechetto todi (Italie).
Dry winter and spring, followed by an exceedingly hot summer and just the right amount of rain in August meant we were able to pick grapes at an ideal maturity.
Skin maceration for 5 to 7 days Fermentation in stainless steel tank.
2 – 4 months in stainless steel tank.
ALCOHOL BY VOL.:
From 31 August to 23 September 2015
Sunday 25 August 2015... The whole team is ready to start !
Students, friends and fans of the Domaine from all over the world (13 different nationalities) made up the fifty or so pickers, starting the 2015 harvest. Together with the vineyard teams and those in the cellars, about 70 took part in the birth of the 2015 vintage …
EVOLUTION OF THE VINTAGES & TASTING ADVICE:
The two lives of Mas de Daumas Gassac White Wine
Laid down in a cool cellar (14°-16°C, 57-60°F) even the oldest can happily wait with no problem for many years. However, being laid down in warmer temperatures will speed up the wines’ maturity.
To taste within the first three years if you appreciate wonderful fruity flavours.
Drink our white wines as an aperitif or with a meal. They drink beautifully with most dishes.
Quite a different wine from the third or fourth year! Its youthful fruitiness will have disappeared, to be replaced by new flavours reminiscent of "sherry" or old "Sauternes", a touch "oxidative" with great finesse.
Take care: if you are not looking for this type of wine, slightly paradoxical as it ages, drink our white wines within the first couple of years.
- Serve around 10-12°C (51°F). Do not over chill.
- Open the bottle an hour before serving, but always replace the cork. Decanting encourages wines to express their full complexity but, always replace the stopper.